Monday, March 05, 2012

WINDING DOWN

The busyness of several weeks is winding down this week. I will soon be finished with
writing sermon study materials for small groups, an article for the memorial service
for my twin, and an article for the local newspaper. All of these things have taken a
great deal of time and effort on my part. Yet, it is a very high honor to have been asked
to do these things. I have no regrets as things wind down.
For things to wind down, they first have to wind up. These things wound up in my
face all at once it seems. I was overwhelmed that they even asked me to do them.
After all, I'm talking about God's Word, my twin brother and what I like to read. I
could of taken several paths getting to where I wanted and needed to be. But I sought
to stay on shorter paths that would take less time and effort. I could of said and done
so much more. I could of gone on and on. There are times when the less said is the
best said. As I'm winding down on my work, I'm wound up with excitement that I
might say something that will encourage others, help others, inform and inspire
others in some small way. What an honor to try to do such a thing.
When my life is winding down, I sure hope that it has been able to make the lives of
others better, happier and closer to the heart of God.

No comments: