Sunday, March 04, 2012

"I;m Gonna' Wash....."

While watching (and listening) to Bro. Bard preach at the 8:15 service this moring my
mind wandered ( I confess it) to his gray beard and gray shirt. I got to thinking maybe
he had decided to "was this gray right out of my beard...." and that's why his once white
shirt was now gray. After the 8:15 service he baptized several young people by immersion
in our pool. I saw then that he still had the same gray shirt on as he dunked dozen's of
our children and youth. When he came back out to preach a few minutes later he had
on a white shirt. I think it's a miracle because God must of said, "I'm gonna' wash this
gray right out of his shirt..." thus, a really sparkling clean (dry) white shirt. Wow!
Then I saw a man with really a pretty sweater on with a very small purple design on
it. I asked him if he had spilled communion juice on it. "I'm gonna was this stain right
out of my sweater..." I told him to put a band-aid on it and no one would notice the
stain. He told me to get lost. I was just trying to help him go and stain no more....

No comments: