Friday, February 24, 2012

OUT & ABOUT

I had to go to the court house today to take care of our car tag and a couple of other things.
When I started up the steps to the entrance, I almost fell. A young man asked me if I was
ok and then held both doors open for me. He was so kind to take the time to watch over
me like that. While we were waiting in line for fifteen minutes or so, we shared a couple
of laughs and spoke about two or three other things before going our on ways.
It amazes me how many people take the time to open doors for me when I'm out and
about. I don't have to ask them to do it for me, they just do. I go and try to do like-wise
as often as possible. As I was leaving Barnes & Noble this morning, I held the door open
for a woman walking into the bookstore. I could of acted as if I hadn't seen her coming
in and just walked right past her. But when she thanked me for being so nice, I knew
then and there that when I'm out and about that I need to be on guard for ways to do
for others what some do for an old man with a cane.

No comments: