Friday, July 08, 2011

AN OPEN AND CLOSED CASE

When I drove into the parking lot of the resturant where
three of us meet to eat every three weeks, only one truck
was in the lot. I wondered why no one else was there. When
I put my car window down, my friend told me they were on
vacation till Monday. No problem. We went to Bob Evans.
When another friend showed up we informed him that he
had to buy because his name is Bob, he has a birthday this
month so we know he will get money, and because he was
such a nice guy. It worked, he bought for the three of us.
I went to Barnes & Noble to read all alone because I was
far behind on a book I've been trying to read there before.
I got in several chapters before a lovely lady sat down at
my table. I asked her where her husband was and she told
me she didn't and she didn't care. Then and there I
knew I had to take advantage of her so I gave her my
membership card for a cup of hot tea. Afterwards, she
gave the card back to me and went to read some magazines.
Caught up in her beauty and the chance to flirt with her, I
sat down beside her while she was reading. We looked at
one another. Before we knew it, we left together and drove
in seperate cars to meet again. After she unlocked the front
door of her house I walked in and asked her when he husband
would be back. She told me he was with two friends at Bob
Evans and wouldn't be back till afternoon. That's when I
asked the lovely lady her name and she told me Janice as
she slipped her arms around my neck and hugged me. I
melted in her arms until our daughter walked into the room
and said, "You two stop that kissing."
What a day. What a date. What a wild and crazy guy! And
so that's the case of an open and closed case.

No comments: