Wednesday, July 06, 2011

GREEN MONSTER MASHED

I threw about half a water melon on the compost this morning because it wasn't worth eating. A few minutes ago, Derby was barking at it like it was a green monster. He barked and barked and barked until I got him inside. Now I am going back outside to smash it up so that the dog will stop all his barking. Maybe he will feel safe after the green monster is dead.


I just killed the green monster. It was a struggle to the end. It spit at me and tried to escape under the vines of other strange looking green looking things. But I prevailed thanks to my shovel and strength. It was not a pretty sight! When Derby went back out he barked at the green monster until he saw that it had split the scene. Feeling safe, Derby licked my leg (I think it was juice from the green monster) and laid down safe and secure. What a day. What a dog. What a grandaddy. What a mess!!

No comments: