Wednesday, June 15, 2011

OFF DUTY

Today was a day of doing nothing if I could get away with it. Well,
I did pretty well with my plan. I went to Barnes & Noble and spent
the entire morning reading a new book and visiting with a
few friends. I think there were 12 of us at one time chatting away &
drinking coffee. These are people I've come to know by being there as
often as I do. A couple of even shared some pretty
heavy stuff with me as they have sought help in dealing with some things.
I take that as a compliment that they think enough of me to try to help them.
This afternoon, I sat outside and read until a drop or two of rain fell on my head
and sent me inside. That's when I took a nap. And then the weather alarm sounded
off loud and clear as a wake up call. I got up & unplugged it & went back to sleep.
Can't keep John L. Jr from getting in has afternoon nap!
I think I will watch the hockey game on tv until bedtime. After all, I'm off duty!
(till the boss sends an alarm to get up & get going)

No comments: