Monday, June 20, 2011

FOR THE FIRST TIME

When I woke up this morning, I realized that this is the first day of my life without my twin.

Harold has run the race, finished the course, and is in Heaven for eternity. No more pain, no more waiting, and no more wondering. The journey has been completed.

One of these days my journey will be through. Harold and I will be together again. Until then, I'll always keep many memories of my womb-mate tucked away down deep in my heart.

Thanks goes out to our family who has been faithful in being bonded together during these tough times. Harold would be so very proud of each one of us. While we aren't finished taking care of things with Harold's death, we celebrate his journey with us and give God the glory.

3 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Beautiful, Daddy.

Pat said...

Well said, and "well done, my good and faithful servant".

Donna Moore said...

Well said, John. Many of us will miss Harold, but no one will miss him in quite the same way you will.