Monday, May 30, 2011

SO - SO

My wife and I have had a few day's "home alone" since our daughter went to the
Indy 500. Yesterday we attended the 8:15 service at Broadway & then the 10:30
service at Greenwood (satalite with Broadway). Both services were a blessing to us
as we expected them to be.
Following worship, we ate at Logan's Roadhouse and then watched the 500 on tv
in our nice cool, comfy chairs at home sweet home. What a race! Won in the last
seconds due to a wreck by the leader till then! She napped while I read a few more
pages of The Help.
Today she went shopping while I stayed home. We had planned on going out to
eat at The Olive Garden but ended up eating at Fazoli's instead. It was a good
meal without a crowd to have to deal with. Now we are waiting for Jennifer to
arrive home tonight after a long time being gone.
We meet to eat again Tuesday with our Growth Group as our last get-together
for awhile. It will be pot-luck with the 13 people (couples plus one) bring food
by using a letter from the word GROWTHS. We have G so Green beans will be
what we take although I thought Grits would work well. When we did this the
last time, we were all amazed how how well it worked. I hope we see success
again tomorrow.
I haven't been to Barnes & Noble of late so I need to go Wednesday if I can
do so. Since it has just been the two of us, Barnes & Noble had to be put "on hold"
till I can get back there. Besides, being "Home Alone" was well worth it if I say so
\myself. SO-see, I said SO.

No comments: