Monday, February 21, 2011

POSITIVE CHANGES

This morning I escaped doing house work with/for my wife and went to my
hide-out, Barnes & Noble, where everybody knows your name, to read &
drink coffee. I even behaved by not having a muffin. I had a cookie instead.
I'm kidding. I didn't eat anything there at all. I enjoyed a quite morning of
kicking back and resting up.
Yesterday, I learned that a small country church I once pastored burned
down. I have many memories of serving Stone's View UMC for a year in
1968, 43 years ago. I served five churches at one time while attending
Kentucky Wesleyan College in Owensboro. Stone's View was one of the
five. My prayer is that God sustain them in their loss.
My twin brother is still in the hospital following a fall and a stroke. He is
showing slow improvement with a long, long way to go. My heart hurts
for Harold whenever I think of him. May God bless his family as they
cope with his condition.
There are things that I must attend too before the day is gone so, I'm
gone.

No comments: