Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I'M BACK!"

I'm back at Broadway serving communion at the early service. It was
nice to be back with some people who have become so very special to
me. Many of those there gave me a warm welcome back. That was
so nice of them to do. I told them they were missed as well by myself.
Following the first service, I attended the second service with my wife.
We were blessed with the songs, sermon and spirit which stirred our
souls.
This afternoon I had a nice nap, read two news papers and played
with Derby (dog) inside and outside. I am re-reading a book about
a pastor I heard when I was a child, Dr. Williaam Sangster. I was
with our family at Lake Junaluska. I never will forget how he was
such a powerfull preacher. All ministers can learn a great deal by
reading what he wrote or by hearing him preach. I have three of
his sermons on tape and listen to them whenever I can.
The Oscars are on tonight so I guess I'll watch them with my wife.
I like to hear what the winners have to say. It will be the same old,
same old stuff. But it is still fun.
I better get back to my lazy-boy before Derby gets it before I do.

No comments: