Thursday, December 16, 2010

LIGHT A CANDLE

I love the look and smell of candles at Christmas. I have a small one lit before me
on the computer desk even as I write this blog. What I don't like are candles lit
and left in a room unattended. I heard on tv this morning that the number one
reasons for fires in homes are lit candles left unattended. That's so sad, but so
true.
One of my favorite songs of Christmas is about lit candles. The words were
written by my wife several years ago. It goes like this: "Light a candle, light
a candle, and tell the world Jesus Christ is born today, Jesus Christ is born
today." So, during Advent and Chrismas, light a candle and tell the world
Jesus Christ is born.
Don't leave the candle lit and unattended. Instead, let your little light shine
so others can see Jesus through you. Light a candle. "It only takes a spark
to get a fire going."

No comments: