Monday, September 13, 2010

TOP OF THE CLASS

I visited three people at a rest home this morning since I'm "on call" this week for
our church. All three were glad that I took the time to see them today. It's a shame
that so many senior citizens are forsaken and seldom see someone they know. I
was in and out in less than an hour but it was well worth while for all four of us.
Yesterday was a busy day for my wife and myself since we both needed to be
at church most of the morning. I helped in the 8:15 service and she helped at
the welcome desk at 9:00. After we ate, we went out to eat and to Barnes &
Noble. Then we waited for our daughter to get home from a mini-trip to
Greenville, South Carolina . We were glad to see her drive in the drive way
around 10:00 last night. She said she had a great trip.
My wife and I plan to attend her High School reunion in Vine Grove this
coming Saturday. I'm glad we're going so she can show me off. I'll be glad
to show her off instead because that young lady is now a very lovley lady
whom I've loved for over 41 years. She is at the top of her class.

No comments: