Thursday, September 09, 2010

AN ODD THING

My wife and I have a burial plot next to her parents in Radcliff. We're just not ready to
move in as yet. It is next to the church where we were married 41 year ago. It's better
than Odd Fellow cemetary because that's where I should go when I die. Since I'm odd,
I would feel right at home. It's odd that she hasn't made the move so that she can rest
in peace atlast after I'm gone.
Come to think of it, Odd Fellow sounds better than Stinking Creek. I hope she doesn't
let me down.

1 comment:

L. Peyton Adams said...

My lot is in Oddfellows to the right of Mom and Dad and I agree with the sentiment exactly. But isn't it more fun to be an oddfellow with a sense of humor! ;^) I am working on getting ready locally for Camp Butterfly a grief camp for Green River Hospice in Madisonville for kids. I have spent the day giving out posters at businesses. September 15, 1914 was Dad's birthday. I thought of him doing the travels. I checked on Mom's house and found out her neighbor used to live by my neighbor here in the country. It is a small world. The lady with Mom that was a preacher's widow at Brighton has passed away and the lady next door has last week. I have the main computer in the shop and working on getting it upgraded to Windows 7. I found some books of Dad's that had Nan Cates- Aunt Nan's- name in them on the Cumberland Presbyterian church which made me wonder was she linked to Rose Creek church and not just Rose Creek cemetery.