Wednesday, September 08, 2010

DAILY PRAYERS

Two of the best books I have are prayers by William Barclay. Both books have daily prayers
that I use again and again as spiritual roadmaps. They offer me things to think about that I
might miss otherwise. I pause in my personal prayer and say, "Why didn't I think of that?"
"I could of had a V-8!" Well, there are times when I think of 8 things that need some serious
prayer. The V stands for Victory when I realize God is the One to whom I'm praying.
Barclay's been offering my prayers a jump-start for my soul for years. Both books are
standing in the need of prayer because the pages are falling out of the binding after I've
turned them so many times. I try to turn them with care as they help care for my daily
needs.
These two books are along side other books on prayer that I read and re-read often. But
the best book is The Holy Bible. It's like looking in a mirror and seeing the good, the bad
and the ugly. The best thing though is that God forgives and forgets the bad and the
ugly and makes my soul shine.

No comments: