Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?"

Every Other Monday is a book about some men who meet every other Monday to study
Scriptures together. It's also about how much the meeting means to each one of them. It
stresses that they have become a band of brothers as they shares with one another. They
have been meeting for twenty years now.
Throughout the years, I've met with some men in something similiar. While there have
been different groups at different times and different locations, they have been a band
of brothers for me. I meet monthly with two men at a resturant simply to share jokes,
stories, problems and the like. When we meet this Friday, it will be like getting a jump
start in my soul. I always leave feeling refreshed by the food and the fellowship. I'm
thinking about starting a second group for gathering somewhere soon. It does a soul
good.
While I was reading this new book I thought, why didn't I think of that? Story after
story comes to mind as I reflect upon things we've said and done over the years. It
might not be best seller but it would be about the best food and fellowship anyone
could ever get at a gathering of a band of brothers.

No comments: