Friday, August 20, 2010

JUST THE RIGHT FIT

I stayed home all day today to read and relax. I started reading a book about some
men who meet every other Monday simply to study God's word and see how it can
apply in their lives. As I read it, I'm reminded of small groups I've been in over the
years and the one I'm in at this time. What a blessing they've been in my life.
Saturday morning I'm picking a friend up at 7:45 to take him to a smalll group of
men who meet monthly. Since he is new in town, he needs assistance in finding a
small group that he can join for fellowship from time to time. It is my opionion
that not everyone fits in every group. There have to be certain things in place for
it to work. My hope is that he will find the right fit for fellowship that will enrich
him and others.
Little did I know how much I needed to stay in today. I read and slept off and on
throughout the day. I did cross the street to see a new neighbor who is in his mid-
eighties. Cecil and I hit it off the first time we saw one anther, even if he is a
Baptist! We love to laugh as we listen to one another tell stories. Little did I know
that Cecil could bless my day so much. I just hope that I bless him too. As far as I
can tell, it's the right fit. Hey! Where's my wallet?

No comments: