Monday, August 30, 2010

MONDAY MUSING

I got my wife up early today so we could go to Hardee's for breakfast before going to
my brother's house to do yard work. I trimmed bushes while she sprayed weeds and
did some clean-up on the back porch. We did more than we had planned but it was
well worth it. When we got home, I tilled a small space for our fall garden. Now I'm
all out of strength and resting my sore, tired bones before she suggest something
else for me to do. Next time, I'll let her sleep in so I can escape to Barnes & Noble
to read and drink a cup of coffee.
We have to go to Nashville Tuesday. Last time we ate at the Pancake Pantry . Maybe
we can eat at some other fancy food place, like Wendy's. I don't mind the drive to
Nashville, it's the drive home afterwards. It seems like we go about every other
week for one reason or another. Too bad we don't have a place to stay there. Maybe
I can get a country singer to let us stay over night. Little Jimmy Dicken's, where
are you?
I got caught and tilled for our fall garden and then raked it before taking a shower.
I wonder if we will have a good crop of jelly-beans. Smuckers, eat your heart out!

No comments: