Wednesday, July 14, 2010

THE RIGHT WORDS AT THE RIGHT TIME

When I went to the retirement village to speak this morning, I had some things to say
about waving at people and whittling to pass time. Since there were no men present
but myself, I spoke about how one of our dogs had died last Friday. I shared some
serious things along with some funny things. The women were paying close attention
to every word I said. When it was over, three shared thoughts about their pets of
the past and thanked me for sharing my story with them. I knew then and there
that waving and whittling would have to wait untill next month.
As I approached my car afterwards, I thanked the Lord for letting me share something
from down deep in my soul with those women. I also got to thinking about how the
right words were said at just the right time when I've needed them so very much. My
pastor seemed to be reading my sore soul and wanted to but salve on it in the Name of
our Saviour. The Spirit works in wonderfull ways, doesn't He? He even speaks through
us from time to time. What a blessing that is.

No comments: