Monday, July 26, 2010

IT MADE MY DAY

Early this morning I took some items by the church for the Mountain Mission truck,
dropped in at Barnes & Noble to read and then went to a retirement home to see two
men before stopping by to see some friends who just moved to Bowling Green. By
the time I got home I needed a nap. My morning reminds me of what I used to do
daily before I retired. I miss it at times and then I'm glad I don't do it daily noq.
I speak to a small group Tuesday night about how I handle my MS. It allows me
to share ways that others can have insight in how to minister to people dealing
with physical difficulties. I hope it helps them help others. Some from the Stephen
Ministry have helped me deal with stress in my life.
Each new day offers new opportunities to be helped and to others if we will take
advantage of them. Someone told me just yesterday at church something I had
done for his daughters that they still speak about it with words of thanks. What
a wonderfull thing to tell me after all these many, many years. It made my day !

No comments: