Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BLESSED

My younger brother led the singing and sang a solo at the funeral for W L Moats
this afternoon. I was so very proud of Wayne for making us all remember how
well Wayne sings since it had been a long time since we had heard him. W L
would of been proud of WL (Wayne Lansden) lifting high his Lord Jesus Christ.
I know I am.
The service brought forth many memories of a man whom we all loved for
his sweet smile and spirit. He has joined that great cloud of witnesses who've
gone on before us. The service reminds all of us to go and do likewise as we
live our lives upon this earth.
My wife and I were able to see so many members of Broadway whom we
seldom see because so many of them attend the 11:00 service and we
don't get there. I go to the 8:15 and 9:30 most of the time. So the funeral
was a gathering of people who have touched our lives over the years.
While I'm sad, I'm also glad because I've been blessed today in so many
ways by so many people. I just hope I can bless others as others bless me.

No comments: