Monday, June 21, 2010

MR. MOATS

A dear friend of mine passed away yesterday at age 89. W. L Moats was a wonderfull
man of God . When I visited with him at the Medical Center, I knew he would be
going home before much longer. He smiled at me as I left his hospital room and I
waved goodbye to a dear friend.
When I was his pastor several years ago he made me a letter holder out of wood. I
used it on my desk since then and always think of W. L. whenever I see it. When I
told him I still have it, he said he remembered making it for me. Even though he
has his name written on it, I know the gentle man who made it for me. I will
miss his smile and sweet, sweet spirit.
Months ago he asked me to do something for him when he died. I thought he
might want me to preach his funeral or say something with our pastor. Not to
be. He asked me to see if my younger brother, Wayne might singa the service.
Well, I asked and, he is singing Wedneesday afternoon as wanted by W.L. Moats.
I don't mind being second for this saint of God.

1 comment:

Louis Tagliaboschi said...

Well said my friend. He was a sweet man. I will miss him as well.