Saturday, April 17, 2010

A GREAT DAY

My wife and I attended a book fair here in Bowling Green where we saw several
writers displaying their books. The highlight of the day was hearing and meeting
Richard Paul Evans who wrote The Christmas Box several years ago. He spoke
about his new book, The Walk. I have read it and think it a great book. He has
more books coming in the series about a man walking across America.
Living within 3 miles of the location of the book fair is a great thing for us since
we like going to it each year. Being in Bowling Green is a blessing because of
being able to see so many people and activities weekly. Attending Broadway
UMC is extra special for our family. It's our home church now that I'm retired.
I missed going to Barnes & Noble today so I plan to go after church and start
reading another new book. I used to hate to read, now I love doing it daily. I
often wonder why I don't write one myself. Richard Paul Evans to us to do it
if we feel we should or it will never get done. Who knows, I may just take him
up on it!

1 comment:

L. Peyton Adams said...

I think you would make a good author, and I even can suggest a topic, your Dad was an amazing fellow and the story of his life would be also the story of the Methodist church when it was two conferences.