Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dr, Coomer, I Presume

I've always wanted to work on getting a doctrate degree but due to health, haven't. But now
I can take a short cut and get one at age 66. It's on-line. I want a doctrate in Popcorn making.
My daughter tells me I make the best popcorn of all because I do it the old fashion way. I
think she is telling me I'm old fashioned. She told me that Derby (dog) wanted me to make
some a few minutes ago. As I type this, I'm eating popcorn popped by Dr. Pop!
I atttended the 8;15 service this morning and headed home to go out back to the deck to
read two newspapers. It was a real pleasure doing being where I wanted to be, doing what
I wanted to do. After the family got home I thought we would go to Outback to eat. I was
wrong. Again. I went to Barnes & Noble and read before heading home & to bed to take a nap.
After all, my pastor preached about doing just that. I'm told it was a great sermon, I slept
through it. Just kidding. But I did say "amen" when he said what he said when he said what
he said.
Since I'll soon be a Doctor, tell me again where you said it hurts? That will be $766.

No comments: