Monday, February 01, 2010

Yesterday & Today

Our family got out in the cold snow Sunday to go to church at 9:30. After having lunch
at Pepper's, my wife and I went to Barnes & Noble. I started reading and she looked
at several books. I drank my coffee and watched some of the same people show up
right on time again. One older couple comes every Sunday afternoon. He reads the
newspaper while she talks with friends at another table in the Starbuck's Cafe. One
other woman sips her drink while reading alone at a table in the corner. A younger
couple hold hands while he scans the internet on his laptop. They laugh as she seems
to cheer him on with a warm smile.
After coming home, I cleared some snow around back while the two dogs played in
the snow. Derby loves picking up a chunk of ice to chew on and try to take it into our
house when I go back inside. Then nap time arrives and I get in a brief nap before
reading from a couple of books I bought a few weeks ago. I'm taking my time reading
these two so they soak into my soul. While my wife and daughter watch the Grammy
show, I read again before calling it a day. A good day.
While my wife and I were at Barnes & Noble, we laid out some plans for the new week.
It looks like work to me. Again. I want to paint the hallway a new color and she wants
to get the master bedroom ready to paint. We both want to get all thsi stuff over with
asp but we know it's really never all done.
I'm reading the first chapter of the Book of Acts after I'm through with this in response
to what the Preacher said in his sermon Sunday. So I better be getting to it.

No comments: