Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A Spiritual Retreat

I went to the church this morning and then to Barnes & Noble to read & relax. I was
in need of some quite time all alone while I was there. I found a new spiritual guide
well worth taking time to read to start off another new year. It provides a text and
then invites the reader to respond to how he/she might deal with the things brought
up in the text. I read 50 pages and look forward to reading 50 or more pages next time.
After I returned home I helped put the rest of our Christmas things away for another
year. Now I'm just waiting for the snow they say we will get this week.
My wife and I had planned on taking a trip Thursday/Frday but we will wait for that
too. No need to take risk when don't have to do it. I'm sure my wife will think of a
thing or two that needs attention, like painting, etc..
My small spiritual retreat was what I needed today. I'm glad I got off alone to read
and pray while drinking a cup of hot coffee in the Starbuck Cafe.

No comments: