Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Smell the Coffee?

While I was waiting for my car to have an oil change, I read from a new book I'd bought
a few weeks ago. Several pages into it, I spilled coffee on the book. I cleaned the coffee
off with a kleenex and put the book down to dry. After it dried, I picked the book back
up and started reading again. Problem was, I smelled coffee so much that I'm not sure
the book will be a keeper or not. I hate to go get another book but I may have to do that
or read the rest of the book at Barnes & Noble without buying it. If I do, I'll drink coffee
carefully. Very carefully!
I'm working with what to preach at Sugar Grove the last Sunday of this month. I hope
to have that settled some time tomorrow if I can. I have a couple of thoughts that keep
churning down deep in my soul. Even though I have over forty years of sermons in my
heart and files, I want to stay alert to something new that is just right. The New York
Times had an article about how we hunker down in our homes so much that we don't
really spend much time with other people. There has to be a sermon there some how.
A book I just read, The Man who Loved Books too Much, could preach. What books?
What about the Book, the Holy Bible? John Wesley was a man of "one book." Are you?
Time to relax by watching some basketball on tv. Hope I don't spill something on the
sheets!

No comments: