Tuesday, October 06, 2009

NOT FORGOTTEN

This morning I went to see a woman from our church who isn't able to even remember who
I am all though I was her pastor a number of years ago. But I wanted to remember her since
she has been a faithful follower of her Lord. How sad it is that so many saints are forsaken
and forgotten so much of the time. Good intentions aren't good enough if they aren't done
in some way.
I could of stayed away because she wouldn't even know I was there. I could of made up
excuses for not going. I could of said I will go when it's not raining. But, I knew I had to
go and I knew I wanted to go. My tommorrow had to be today. No more waiting, no
more excuses.
I know how much my dad's face showed how much a visit meant to him in the rest home
when he was there. I also remember my dad going to see the residents of rest homes
throughout the many years of his ministry and even after he was a resident himself. What
a shame that too many people fail to take time to see the shutins who wait for someone
to walk into their rooms if only for a few minutes. I hope that if I'm ever a shutin, someone
will stop by to see me. That's why I go see people who need to know that someone knows
them and they are not forgotten.

No comments: