Wednesday, October 07, 2009

HERE & THERE

Tribes is a small book so I read it at Barnes & Noble yesterday after visiting a member of the
church. Afterwards I glanced at a couple of other books before leaving to head home. I'm
glad I had hit the pause button during the day by going by Barnes & Noble.
Today is home work as I work with a new sermon for Sugar Grove for the 18th. I could use
an older sermon but I like the challenge of creating something fresh in my faith that might
be shared with others. I'm thinking along the lines of being prepared for the winter's of our
lives before winter sneaks up on us. I can even see evidence of the approaching winter as
leaf after leaf falls to the ground this fall. I guess that's why it's called fall.Did you fall for that
one?
My first pot of coffee was weak so I've got to go put on another one. If I'm going to drink
coffee, I want it to be stronger than what I made a few minutes ago. After all, I need to stay
awake while working with the sermon.

No comments: