Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crossing the Border

My wife and I are taking our daughter out to eat today in Portland, Tn at
5 Chefs Resturant & Coffee Shoppe. Since she worked on her birthday,we
thought this would be a nice way to celebrate. Besides, her dear dad loves
food and coffee, any time, anywhere. (well almost)
I'm going to be in the back while we let her drive us there so I'm taking a
book I bought, Three Feet from Gold, to continue reading. It seems to
have some sermon illustrations that I might want to use some Sunday.
Besides, I've seen most of the scenery along the way and think this might
be a good way to travel.
Our son has a birthday the 30th so I'm trying to save my money to buy
something nice for him. I wonder if he likes to read used books, mine!
They are already underlined in important places to save him time when
he is reading them. Besides, there are free to him for his birthday. I have
an idea that they will still be right where they are so his OLD man can
re-read them again. Are'nt I nice? Don't answer that that way! It hurts
my feelings.
Now,bring on the 5 Chefs and all their goodies. I'm hungry. I sure hope
this has a good ending!


UPDATE: We went & had a great time. Not many there with us which
was ok with me. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Most of all
being together to honor our daughter. I slept soundly after we arrived
back across the border into Ky & onto Bowling Green and home sweet
home.

No comments: