Sunday, October 25, 2009

BEEN BUSY

It has been a pleasure to preach for times this month at Sugar Grove. While there
were not that many in number, we were still blessed by being in the House of the
Lord. It was a challenge to say something each Sunday that might increase their
faith and equip them for ministry. I did what I could and left the results to the
Lord.
I'm ready to be back at Broadway without having to dart out the door to go preach.
Today, for example, my wife and I attended the 8:15 service which ran over an
hour. She had to leave while Communion was being served so she could be a greeter
for the 9:30 service. I joined her as soon as I could. We went to the 9:30 service
but left before the Pastor preached so we could get on the road to Sugar Grove
and the 11:00 service. It was a busy morning for both of us.
Afterward we ate at Wendy's and took something home to our daughter who
was worn out from having to drive to Nashville and back yesterday afternoon
for a part for someone retiring from where she works. She stayed in bed most
of the day. Even the dogs took a long nap in teh afternoon. So did I!
I look forward to being back at Broadway but also wish to slip away to go hear
a couple of friends preach soon. I keep saying I'm going to do it but keep holding
off on doing it.
This week I need to make several visits to the shut-ins from Broadway. I wonder
at times if they have many visits or telephone calls that mean so much to them.
That's why I want to see them so that they know they are not forgotten and
forsaken. While there are a couple of other things to do, I look forward to looking
at the leaves that shine in the sunshine with such radiance. They will be gone
before much longer as we soon enter November. Christmas is only two months
away from today, by the way. I better be working on what I want for Christmas
instead of doing all the other things that I do.

No comments: