Monday, September 21, 2009

SWEET STUFF

Two letters are written in most of the books I own, S S. S S stands for Sermon Stuff. I have
several sermons that had their birth from these books with S S written in them. Or, the
S S is a thought that I might quote in a sermon.
One of the authors I quote more than any other is Leonard Sweet. Here are a couple of quotes
from So Beautiful. "As soon as you say to Jesus "I'm in", he says back to you, "You're out."
"Jesus is the "sent One" and we are the "sent ones." And then there is this one, "Let's make March
4 a high and holy day on every church calendar to remind us of this: "March fourth."
At times I find myself wishing I could of said that. But more important is the question I ask of
myself, am I just reading Sweet words or am I putting them into practice in my daily life? So,
I've got to go March forth and get out there since I'm being sent. Are you going out too?

No comments: