Sunday, September 06, 2009

Homer & Langley

After attending the 8:15 and 9:30 services and going to Logan's Steakhouse, I headed
on over to Barnes & Noble where I read a book. I read, Homer & Langley. My Minister
had aluded to these two brothers in a sermon a few weeks ago and then I heard a very
interesting interview on Public Radio abut the book. I had to read it as soon as possible.
So, I got some Starbucks coffee and read the 200 plus pages book this afternoon.
I found myself drawn into the story as I had to have more information about who they
were and why they did what they did. They were hoaders who ended up dying in their
residence from the smell and weight of all the things they had stored in their place. It
is amazing how they could ever do such a thing, I thought. Then I remembered seeing
a tv program called Hoaders and had a better idea of the how and the why it could take
place.
When I was leaving, I started to but a book but then thought that that would be doing
something similiar to what they did. So, I didn't buy another book to go with all my
other books because my bookcases are already full. Plus, why buy when you can read
a book and drink coffee on an afternoon like today. All I paid for was a cup of coffee
and an afternoon relaxing with two of my best friends, Barnes & Noble, not Homer
& Langley.

No comments: