Friday, September 04, 2009

BOUNCING BACK

While my wife was looking at books at Barnes & Noble today, I read all 289 pages of
Bounce Back by John Calipari. He was in this very Barnes & Noble Wednesday night
to sign them, but I had to be at church and had to miss the Coach. So, today I sat down
with a cup of coffee and read the book.
I was impressed with what he has to say about being able to bounch back after having
something happen to you that gets you down. He shares steps in surving tough times
and getting back up and going again. I think it would be a good book for someone who
has experienced tough times for one reason or another. His advice is worth while and
it's an easy book to read. I'm glad I read it and hope to share some of his wisdom with
others.
I recall preaching a sermon after my Mom died about Bouncing Back from a Broken
Heart where I shared some steps to take after the loss of a loved one. We all could
use help from time to time when things aren't what we want them to be. That's why
I love to read the Scriptures as well as gain advice from others who have gone through
tough times. There is light at the end of the tunnel if we just keep moving forward in
faith.

No comments: