Monday, August 31, 2009

SOUNDS OF SILENCE

While out back on the deck early this morning, I saw one bird on the wire above our yard.
That seemed so strange and so silent. Most of the time there are so many more. It's like a gathering of the birds to chit-chat over what's going on, like where's the best place to get a
worm these days?
But this morning there was the sound of silence as I looked up at only one bird. Where are
the other birds? Are they all mad at this bird? Did they fly off without telling this bird where
they were going? The real reason for the sound of silence is that there is a hawk high in the
sky ready to dive down and get birds. The rest are gone, It's as simple as that. It's so sad.
I miss the sound of birds in the trees and on the high wires. It just doesn't seem right not
having birds in our back yard.
The sound of silence is something I seek after some times. But today I wish I could hear
the sounds of the birds out back and overhead.

No comments: