Saturday, August 29, 2009

"HAVE YOU WEIGHED TODAY?"

While waiting for my wife at Greenwood Mall yesterday, I kept hearing a voice. I
thought maybe it was God until I realized what I was hearing. The voice kept on
asking a question, "Have you weighed today?" I knew then and there that it had
to be someone other than God. He already knows the answer as well as my
weight.
When I took a good look I discovered who was asking the question again and
again. It was a machine in a health store that asked that question as people
passed by. Most people didn't seem to care and kept walking on their way.
Even when someone who worked in the health store passed by the machine
as he was leaving, he was asked, "Have you weighed today?" He didn't stop
to respond to the question.
I began thinking, what if there were a machine asking, "Have you read the
Bible today?" Have you prayed today?" "Have you searched your soul today?"
Or, something like that. Then I realized that the question is asked from
within our souls, not through a machine. I know I'm poked in my spiritual
ribs from time to time with such soul searching questions and I have to
deal with them. So should you.

No comments: