Tuesday, August 25, 2009

REACH OUT AND TOUCH SOMEONE

I spent much of the morning on the telephone talling with people from our church. Most of
them are elderly and can't come to church any longer. That's why I want their church to
come to them, even if it is by telephone. This type of reaching out to touch someone can
be a blessing to those who can't be out and about any longer. It is also a blessing to those
who take the time to call them. I know, I just got blessed.
This afternoon I hope to see several shutins and let them know they are not forgotten
by their church. Although I can't stay long with each one, I hope that the visit from their
church stays for a long time in their minds and souls. Again, I'm so blessed by being able
to stop in and simply let them know they are not forgotten.
Rather than coming home and taking a nice nap afterwards, I'm meeting someone at
Starbucks for fellowship and coffee. It's another way to let someone know that they
are important and that someone is their for them at any time, day or night. In this
case, late afternoon. So, I've got to get going and raech out and touch someone before
yet another day is gone.

No comments: