Monday, August 24, 2009

The Chosen

Since I had to take our card in for an oil change and a couple of other things this morning,
I took a book to read. While I was waiting, I started reading Searching for Home for the
second time. I read it back in 2004 while on vacation and was blessed by it then. Little
did I know when I picked it up to take with me that I'd be blessed by it even more the
2nd time around.
I've met and heard M. Craig Barnes and am always blessed by him. He has a way of
enabling people to take a good look at things with depth and understanding. It isn't an
easy book to read. It takes time. Lots of time. I find myself reading something two or
three times to be sure that what he says, is what I thought he said.
I would love to hear Dr. Barnes preach again because of the way he lifts up the Lord
and lifts up those who listen. I mean, really listen. No short-cuts, no clip-notes to what'
he writes or says.
I only got through 16 pages while waiting. Not because time went fast but because I
wanted to soak in what I was reading because it seemed like I was the one being read.
I plan to get back to the book as soon as I can. I have to make time to retreat to some
quite place and allow my soul to be searched again. Of all the books I could of chosen
from, this book was chosen for me.

No comments: