Saturday, August 01, 2009

A MAN PLAN

I got up early and washed our car and our daughter's car before it got real hot. Both were
in need of being washed. It may rain before Sunday but they won't be as dirty. Got that?
My wife, daughter and a friend are going to Sparta, KY to an Indy race this afternoon. It
doesn't even start tilll late tonight. I will glady stay home where it's cool and comfy. I may
be a wimp, but I'm a cool wimp! I may watch the race on tv but I doubt it. I rather read
a good book.
Beetle Bailey is good today since my wife and I celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary
this month and have talked about going on a cruise this fall. I wonder if my wife knows his
wife. Someone had to put it into motion.
I have to consecrate communion at the 8:15 service and then be a greeter at the 9:30
service Sunday so I may have to have skates to get from place to place on time. It is
a honor to be serving in the House of the Lord. Then I'm on call all of next week to visit
hospitals, homes and rest homes. I may need a vacation the following week. That's ok,
it gives me something to do that I like doing.
I better be seeing what's needed around here to get the three ladies off on time at 1:00.
Then I can watch golf all afternoon. I love it when a man has a plan.

No comments: