Sunday, August 09, 2009

FORTY

I can't comprehend why some people ask my wife how she could stay with me for forty
years. But she has being that today is our 40th wedding anniversary. I told people at
church this morning that I had forgotten all about until I saw our picture in today's
newspaper. I'm glad she reminded me to remember!
We went to worship and then out to eat at a fancy resturant, expensive too! About
twice as many years as we've been married. But that's ok since it's a special day. We
can go back to White Castle next Sunday or Waffle House. When we got home I watched
Tiger win another golf game while she read the newspapers and relaxed.
It's been a good forty years even with the hardships that have come our way at times.
I look forward to forty more. I don't know about her.

No comments: