Saturday, August 22, 2009

Daily Devotional

I'm reading The Daily Bible Devotional by F. LaGard Smith for my daily devotions right
now. I had a copy of it several months ago but it got destroyed by water. It wasn't going
to buy another copy but I felt that it would be worth it after reading half way through my
first book.
As I read page after page, I underscore those things that stand out in my soul. He has a
way of asking questions that allows the reader to take a deep look down into his or her
soul and deal with what's happening spiritually in their lives. I write "ouch!" from time
to time whenever I feel a poke in my spiritual ribs.
I like to take my coffee and this devotional out back to the deck and read early each
morning. I find it to be a good way to start my day by digging deep to carve out those
things that need to be removed from my life. I find myself turning back to some pages
and asking myself, why did I do that or, why did I say that? I wonder how he knows
me so well. I have an idea that it's because he knows himself as well. So do you. So
does God. Thank God for the One who knows all, but forgives all. God's amazing grace
still works!

No comments: