Sunday, August 23, 2009

CELEBRATION CONDUCTED

After attending the 8:15 service at church this morning, my wife, daughter and myself
went to Elizabethtown for the funeral of Alice Addington. I preached the funeral message
three other family members shared some thoughts with us. The music was very good
and the place was packed. Following the funeral we went to the home of one of her sons
for food and fellowship. It was a time of celebration.
Aunt Alice was a very special person in all of our lives. She leaves behind so many memories
that we will treasure for years to come. It was indeed a high honor to conduct her funeral.
I saw several people from the church she attended and where I pastored years ago. It was
like a family reunion for us.
We're tired and worn out after a long day. Our daughter drove which was helpful for her
dad. I would of driven but she chose to drive her vehicle which pleased me very, very much.
She did a great job driving Mr. Daisy. I slept some on the way back to Bowling Green. Even
though we have to be up and at it in the morning bright and early, today's celebration was
well worth it.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

It was a good day and an extention of the family reunion of last weekend. You did a wonderful job with the funeral, but I knew you would.

I was happy to drive and was glad you got to rest.