Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stop to Shop

My wife and went to Home Depot last night to look at a couple of things that we need.
A young lady helped us as we looked for what we needed. Every once in awhile I said
something that had her laughing so much she could hardly talk. As she walked on off
to help someone else, we went on our ways in the store.
As I was leaving, my wife went one way to pay for what we bought and I went another
way. The young lady asked where my wife was so I told her she had sent me to the
"Returns" counter to see if they would take me back. I told her WallMart would do
it since it was their policy. That's when she told me she could understand why my wife
would want to return me. I told her we had been married 40 years and my wife still
kept me for my good looks. She said, she keeps me because no one else would take
me. We both laughed as I left hoping my wife hadn't left me behind with this other
woman! She wouldn't do that, would she?

1 comment:

Janice said...

You make so many people's day when you go out in the retail world and make them laugh. I am proud of you for using your sense of humor in this way. Most of the time their customers probably treat them as if they didn't exist but you confirm them as people.