Friday, June 12, 2009

Back to Routine Things

My wife and I both had to go to the dentist yesterday morning. When we were ready
to leave, it rained so hard that I couldn't talk her into going out to our car and getting
our umbrella. So, being the gentleman I am, I went out and got it so she wouldn't get
soaked. Needless to say, I got soaked! But that's ok since it was my fault for failing to
take the umbrella in in the first place.
I'm having breakfast with two buddies this morning so we can get caught up on what's
happening with one another. Paul and Bob both meet me about every three weeks at
the same place, where we eat the same food and talk about the same things. We never
get tired of having this time together. Now, if I could only get them to buy my breakfast.
Maybe one will in honor of my recent retirement. Or, maybe I should buy for both of
them in honor of our friendship.

No comments: