Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Musings

While serving Communion yesterday, a small child being held in her father's arms
reached out for bread before he could stop her. We smiled as she then dipped the
bread into the juice. Some might say she is too young. I think Jesus would say,
"Let the little children come unto me..." It was a marvelous moment.
Our pastor spoke about how we hord so many things that we relly don't need
any more. To illustate that he had a rack of ties that he said he didn't need any
longer. The he started giving them away. Of course he had to beg men to take
them. As he did, I hummed that hymn about ties, "Blest be the Tie That Binds."
Can I get an "amen" that that? I was so inspired that I came home and pulled
out all my old ties that I plan to never wear again. Hey! Want some free ties?
Last night my youngest brother brought his new car (2004) over for us to see.
It is really nice. Now I have car fever for a new car. Now if I can only get an
"amen" from my wife! I know what she will say, "NOT NOW!" So I'll keep
the one I have remembering that I gave it a name when we bought it, "Doxology."
I still thank the Lord for us having such a good car, even if it needs washing.
Early this morning I went out back and drank coffee and read the paper. My
name wasn't it it for getting arrested or dying. Talk about a good reason t
sing a "Doxology"!! It was cool enough that the hot coffee tasted so good to
the last drop. And that's the last thing I have to say.
By the way, have you heard about the woman who touched Jesus to be
healed of h..............? She got the last laugh as well. Just ask the preacher
who told the story about it all.
My Dad died a year ago yesterday. He is doing just fine up there because
I hear him singing the "Doxology" up in Heaven with a voice as high as
Billy Mays. Who knows, maybe Billy is singing a divine duet with him.
"toota-lu, toota-lu."

No comments: