Thursday, May 14, 2009

Relaxing in the Rain

I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday with my wife. While she was talking with a woman, I
read six books. Just kidding, I only read one and started on a second. I bought a book by
the grandson of Billy and Ruth Graham which I will start reading while it rains today.
After Barnes & Noble we went to a resturant and ate. I loved watching the people while
they ate. Most where with someone else, but one or two were all alone. The people who
own this resturant are very nice. They have great personalities and great food. The
atmosphere is relaxing and makes you want to take your time instead of being eating
in a rush.
Friday is when I get together with two friends for breakfast at a resturant near by. I
hope they have time to catch me up on what's going on in their lives. I always enjoy
being with Paul and Bob because they remind me what friendship is all about.
The coffee is ready so I'm heading to the swing on the front porch to start reading
another new book. Our daughter's dog, Derby, has to go with me because he doesn't
want to miss anything around here. While he barks at the birds, I'll read and relax.
Who knows, I may even count rain drops too. I just hope they don't fall on my head.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I love going out to lunch with you and Lizzie's is a great place.