Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back Home Again

My wife, younger brother and I had a great visit with my Step-Mother today.
What a day! What a woman! This 84 year old lady is so lovely an quick on her
toes. She can say something so quick in response to what someone else might
say. Most of the time it makes you laugh and laugh.
We had a wonderful time just talking to one another before she took us out to
eat. It brought back so many memories of eating at this country resturant
where we've eaten before. It's been almost a year since Dad died but I could
see him and hear him in my mind while we were there. It was one of his
favorite places to eat.
After we ate we went back to the house and went through some things in the
basement that need to be picked up some day and taken out of her basement.
While she said she isn't in a rush, I think it's time to clear things out of the
basement.
This was a day that we will remember for a long time to come. After all, it was
a day to be back home again. I hope she left the porch light on.

No comments: