Saturday, May 23, 2009

Been Busy

I went over to my younger brother's house yesterday and cut weeds behind his
house. I went back early today to clean up the mess I made. It was'nt too bad
when I started, but it got hotter and hotter while I worked. I rested from time
to time before coming back home. I have to go back again and finish the clean
up since I ran out of steam. most of the hard stuff is done. Thank the Lord! I'm
praying for rain so I can't clean it up.
Janice and I had a date last night at a Mexican resturant which we go to often.
Our waiter wasn't at our table, but a new waiter we hadn't seen before. He was
too slow to get drinks so our regular waiter slipped it and took care of us twice.
I need to give him an extra tip next time. As for the new guy in town, he was
quick to bring the bill. I did give him a good tip, brush your teeth daily. Just
kidding!
After the 8:15 service Sunday we may go hear a good friend preach at his
church. Or, we may go to a good resturant. Or, we may go see my good
friends, Barnes & Noble. I do know I will take a good long nap in the afternoon.
Our daughter is in Indy for the big race Sunday so we're taking care of her
dog, Derby. When I woke up this moring, I discoved that my wife was sleeping
in Jennifer's bedroom and Derby was sleeping with me, And I had thought that
was my wife snoring! All's well that ends well, they say. I say, Derby sleeps
with her tonight. I hope she doesn't read this or I just might be sleeping on
the couch. Again!!
I hope you have a safe Memorial Day weekend and remember the Vets who
have given us our freedom.

No comments: