Thursday, February 12, 2009

A GREAT DAY

My family took me to O'Charley's last night to celebrate my birthday. It was wonderful.
As I was about to leave, the waitress placed a plate of carmel pie on the table and wished
me a Happy 21st Birthday. I wish!! Before I could eat a 2nd bite, my younger brother
took a spoon and started eating my pie. I almost took a bite of his arm but I was
afraid I might get rabies so I simply stopped to enjoy the moment. Then I took my
spoon to give him a big bite and accidently on purpose put my spoon on his nose. Poor
fellow!
After arriving back home I watched Duke and North Carolinia play basketball on ESPN.
After that I watched some of Jay Leno & David Letterman. But before long I turned
them off and turned over and went to sleep. I guess my age caught up with me. But
before I lay me down to sleep, I thanked the Lord for giving me such a great day and
such a great family. What else could a guy ask for on his birthday? Well, let me tell
you that I could always use a new car. How about a cruise? How about a clean garage?
Maybe next year. Till then I will dream on.

No comments: