Saturday, January 10, 2009

"EVERYTHING IS READY NOW"

In June of 2002 I read a small book that left a big impact upon my soul, As I Lay Dying
by Richard John Neuhaus. Neuhaus shares some thoughts about preparing for his death.
He thought then that it wasn't too far off into the future. He thought that he had been
granted a message to prepare him which was, "Everything is ready now." Those four
words gave him hope and encouragement.
I've read this small book seven times because it has helped my own faith journey. It
has reminded me that Jesus has gone to preapre a place for me. That's all I really
need to know.
This morning I read where Richard John Neuhaus died last Thursday at the age of
72. Surely, everything was ready for him indeed. I want to be ready too to experience
the things God's preparing for me one of these days. Don't you?

No comments: