Monday, January 26, 2009

A DATE WITH OUR DAUGHTER

Yesterday afternoon I took our daughter on a date. We went to Barnes and Noble where
I bought yet another book. I get so much out of Eugne Peterson's books that I just have
to read them if I can. The book I bought is, Eat This Book. It may sound like a strange
name, but it is about how we really need to read The Bible rather than giveit a glance.
I've finished Peterson's latest book, Tell It Slant and found it to be his best book. It is a
book I will re-read again and again. While I get some sermon ideas from what he writes,
most of all I am blessed by what he has to say.
It is going to snow and be icy around Kentucky tonight and Tuesday so I will wait to
start reading this book that I pickedup yesterday. While we were at Barnes and Noble
we had coffee and cheescake as we watched a lot of others spending a Sunday afternoon
at Barnes and Noble. We will have to do it again some Sunday afternoon. Maybe she
will buy me a birthday present next month. Hint -hint.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Ha ha. Nice hint.
I did buy your coffee, your cheesecake, AND your book yesterday...